About GLASS & Ceramic digital decals
Ceramic and glass digital decals are printed using specially formulated mineral toners. The high resolution photographic rendering is unmatched by other printing processes. Our minimum order of one sheet makes digital decals convenient for small scale projects.
- Best suited for photographic type images
- Order minimum 1 sheet
- Printable area is 10.25in x 15.75in or 26cm x 40cm
- Digital decals are printed using a CMYK 4 color process. The cyan, magenta, yellow, and black are mineral pigments. No metallic colors or white can be printed with our glass and ceramic digital decals.
- Digital decals have a translucent appearance on glass and when used with light color glazes and glass.
Digital Decals: Print requirements
Here's how to send off your digital decals to be printed.
- Set up your file to print using a design program like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Acrobat. We recommend saving your file as .PDF, .PSD or .TIFF formats.
- The printable area on a sheet of decals is 10.25"x15.75". Fill this area with your designs to maximize the space. If you need a digital decal larger than this size, contact us about our custom large size printing services.
- Send your file to email@example.com. If your file is larger than 20MB, you may need to use a free file sending service orlike Dropbox or Google Drive.
Here's how to get the best from your prints.
- 300 dpiresolution will yield the best results. Lower resolution or blurry images will yield a poor decal quality.
Black & white images should be in grayscale.
Color images should be in "CMYK SWOP coated" profile. This CMYK profile will give you the best rendering on your screen of the color limitation of the ceramic and glass digital decals.
We also offer two different finish on the our ceramic and glass digital decal. You will need to select your finish option at the time of purchase.
Option 1: Regular Covercoat finish will burn away during the firing. Depending on the softness of the glaze, the density of the print and the type of colors, the decal will be more or less matte
Option 2: Flux + Covercoat. The flux is a thin layer of glass applied over the decals to protect it and create a glossy finish. Despite the thickness of the flux being paper thin, this finish might leave a slight raised edge at the edge of the decal. The softer the glaze on the ware the less obvious it will appear. If you prefer flux, we usually recommend a full coverage of the ware, or you can also cut the decal close to the edge of the image. We recommend using flux with any outdoor products and dinnerware.
For your convenience we offer two different color sets: a magenta color set and a bright red cadmium color set. We also offer a foodsafe option.
We are here to help. If your image doesn't meet these guidelines, don't fret! Contact us if you need assistance. We offer reasonably priced design services, if required.
Glass & ceramic Digital Decals: Pricing
b l a c k& w h i t ed e c a l s
1-5 sheets $35 per sheet
5-10 sheets $32 per sheet
11-20 sheets $30 per sheet
21-30 sheets $27 per sheet
31-50 sheets $25 per sheet
50-100 sheets $23 per sheet
Buy Custom Black & White Digital Decals in our shop.
c o l o r d e c a l s
Onetime setup fee of $15 to $30 per design/layout. For critical color matching, we strongly advise providinga printed reference proof (matchprint)
1-5 sheets $40 per sheet
5-10 sheets $37 per sheet
11-20 sheets $35 per sheet
21-30 sheets $33 per sheet
31-50 sheets $30 per sheet
50-100 sheets $27 per sheet
*we have two different color sets: a magenta color set and a bright red cadmium color set.
Buy Custom Color Digital Decals in our shop.